The Dance Hub has switched software
We have switched from MindBody to Wellness Living. You will be experiencing an easier to use interface as well as a dedicated phone app (ready in the next two weeks). Please bear with us while we finalize the switch. For signups or questions, please contact Eric Valinsky at email@example.com.
AD&M classes are now HYBRID
Now that Santa Barbara County has reopened, in-studio classes have resumed at full capacity. Classes marked HYBRID can be attended IN STUDIO or VIRTUALLY on Zoom. Classes marked VIRTUAL are still only available through Zoom. Masks are required for studio attendance for all students who are not fully vaccinated. Check this site periodically for updates.
Virtual Classes at The Dance Hub
Already know how to sign up? Register for class here
This page is for students who are planning to attend an all VIRTUAL class or are planning to take a HYBRID class virtually. We are not saying that we have this all figured out, but we believe that offer worthwhile dance instruction and a positive experience. As always, we welcome your questions and suggestions.
To participate in The Virtual Dance Hub, you will need to designate a place in your home to move, create a MINDBODY password if you haven’t already done so, and access the Zoom Cloud Meeting application.
PLEASE NOTE: TDH recommends that you sign up for a class the night before or at the latest, one half-hour before the start of the class. Otherwise, you may not receive the link to join the class.
Dance Space Recommendations
Possibly the biggest challenge of a virtual dance class is finding a suitable space in your home to move in. Both Virtual and Hybrid Dance Hub classes will take this into consideration and classes will be tailored to students working in minimal space.
- Basically, you need an uncluttered space in which you can fully move your legs and turn around without bumping into objects or feeling constrained.
- For ballet classes, find a sturdy object to serve as a barre, such as a solid chair, table, desk, ironing board, or piano (!). Many of our ballet students have purchased portable barres. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A wood floor with a wood sub-floor is the best and are usually found in older homes and apartments. Carpet with a low pile will also work. If you have a tile floor or if your wood floor is laid directly on cement, you may want to wear cushioned dance shoes or sneakers to minimize the impact on your joints and tendons.
Getting Started with MINDBODY
PLEASE NOTE: To enroll online for a class at The Dance Hub, your Web browser must have cookies enabled. For help in turning on cookies, please text Eric.
If you have taken classes at The Dance Hub, then you have a MINDBODY account. If you have enrolled in a class, course, or workshop online, then you already have a password. New students will need to create a new MINDBODY account. You can take care of this when you sign up for a class, but it’s easier if you do it in advance. Please be assured that your MINDBODY account can only be accessed by The Dance Hub.
On the Home Page, there is an orange button titled “CREATE/ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT HERE.” This will take you to the MINDBODY Client application. You can access it directly from this link: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=531027&stype=-98.
- If you have already enrolled online for a class, you might see your client home page. To enroll in a class, click the “CLASSES” tab on the header. Generally, you will see the login page.
- If you have never taken an AD&M class at The Dance Hub, you will need to create an account. Enter the email you want to use in the “Create an Account” box and click “Next” to start the process.
- If you have taken an AD&M class but never set a password, click the small link in the left-hand Log In box titled “Need new password.” Enter the email address that you used to sign up to The Dance Hub and you will be emailed a link to create a password.
Once you have created your account or password, you can sign up for a class by clicking the “CLASSES” tab. Or you can sign up later from the schedule page. More details about this below.
Getting Started with Zoom
You may have already used Zoom for an online conference, webinar, or help session. If so, you know that Zoom is a video communications tool and that it can be used on virtually any platform: PC, Mac, smartphone, or tablet. Zoom Conferencing will be used for all online classes at The Virtual Dance Hub.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not need to create your own Zoom account. The Dance Hub’s account will allow you to attend classes without one.
When you have signed up for a class AND IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP IN TIME (more about that below), you will receive an email containing the class meeting date and time with a link to join the meeting. This link will be unique to that class meeting so please do not attempt to use a link from a previous class. If you are on a desktop or laptop, clicking on the link will open your Web browser. It will give you instructions for installing and running the Zoom application.
If you are on a smart phone or tablet, clicking the link will direct you to your browser with complete instructions for installing the ZOOM Cloud Meetings App. On an iPhone, there is a button on the top that will take you to the App Store to install the App. In our experience, it is much easier to install the App first before clicking on the virtual dance class link.
Once you are in the meeting, there are a multitude of controls and settings you can use to tailor your experience. Here are some you should know about:
- There are two modes of viewing a class: active speaker mode and gallery mode. Gallery mode will show an array of small boxes showing the instructor and participants. The active speaker mode shows only the image of the current speaker. You switch modes by clicking the gallery grid icon on a desktop or laptop or by swiping the screen left or right on a mobile device. We recommend active speaker mode during class so you can focus on the instructor.
- The microphone icon is green if your microphone is on and red if it is off. Clicking on it toggles the state of your microphone, on or off.
- Swiping all the way to the left on a mobile device puts you in safe mode: your microphone and video will temporarily shut off. Swiping right restores your former settings.
Zoom provides complete instructions here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697.
Registering for a Virtual Dance Class
As you can imagine, registering for a virtual dance class must be done via the Web. You may sign up for the class at any time in advance but no later than 30 minutes before class time. After the close of enrollment, we will send you an email with the link to the Zoom meeting.
PLEASE NOTE that each class session will have a unique Zoom meeting ID. Previous Zoom meeting IDs will not work. You will need to register for the class and wait for the email with the new link. If you have signed up for a class online before, the procedure is exactly what you are used to.
There are a number of ways to sign up, including The Dance Hub website, the MINDBODY client site, and the MINDBODY mobile app. Following is our recommended method.
- Make sure that your MINDBODY account has a password. See Getting Started with MINDBODY above for instructions.
- Find the class you want on The Virtual Dance Hub Schedule (this is on the Schedule Page or the top of the home page for mobile).
- Click the “SIGN UP” link. You will see a popup. If you have remaining classes in your account, you will be signed up. That’s all you have to do.
- If you do not have remaining classes in your account, follow the instructions to purchase the class or a class card. NOTE: Virtual Classes were free for the first week only.
- About twenty minutes before class, TVDH will send you an email with the meeting link. You will be able to access this link immediately to warm up with your colleagues.
- If you are on a mobile device or have a camera on your desktop or laptop, please turn your video on. Similarly, turn on your microphone if your device has one. Now, you will be able to chat with your colleagues as in The Dance Hub lobby or studio.
- At the start of class, the instructor will mute all microphones via the Zoom app. We recommend that you switch to active speaker mode, as described above. If you need to ask a question, you can unmute your microphone until you are done.
- At the end of class, the instructor will turn the microphones back on so that you can chat with the instructor or your colleagues. The session will continue for roughly a half-hour past the end of class.
We realize that getting started with virtual classes might take a bit of adjustment. Once you have things up and running, they will become routine. Until then, if you have questions about dance classes or your personal dance space, please contact Carrie at email@example.com or text (805) 450-7535. If you have technical questions about Zoom, MINDBODY, or online payments, please contact Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (805) 450-7536.